Twynham Primary School’s vision is that all children and young people should receive high quality Physical Education (PE) lessons as well as have access to an outstanding range of extra-curricular sport and physical activity opportunities. Our vision is promoted through the School Games values of Determination, Honesty, Passion, Respect, Self-belief and Teamwork
Twynham Primary shares the government’s vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective: "To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools".
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.
Under the Ofsted Schools Inspection Framework 2015, inspectors will assess how effectively leaders use the Primary PE and Sport Premium and measure its impact on outcomes for pupils, and how effectively governors hold them to account for this. Schools are required to publish details of how they spend this funding and the effect it has had on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment.
Twynham Primary School’s PE and sport premium evidencing and accountability form can be found on the left.